How to stay gas safe
- This week (13th-19th September) is Gas Safety Week, and once again ADEY have pledged their support. The national safety campaign is coordinated by the Gas Safety Register, to help promote awareness of the importance of gas safety and the proper installation and maintenance of gas appliances.
At ADEY we know water quality is crucial in keeping heating systems working efficiently, reducing the pressure on the boiler and lowering CO2 emission. Our products ensure your central heating water system works efficiently and therefore reduce the risk of boiler breakdowns and potential gas-related problems.
We understand the importance of gas safety and therefore wanted to take this opportunity to highlight some gas safety tips.
- Avoid the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions with regular maintenance of your system.
- Be sure engineer you use to fit, fix and service your appliances are registered gas-safe.
- Regularly get all your gas appliances serviced and safety checked. If you rent your home, you can ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- There are six sign of carbon monoxide poisoning which are headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness, make sure you know what these are.
- If your gas appliances are not working properly there may be warning signs. Keep an eye out for these. For example, you may notice lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm to alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
- Do not block any vents, as they are vital to ensure gas appliances burn properly. Chimneys need to be cleaned checked and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Don't be tempted to use gas appliance for anything that it intended purpose for example you should use a gas cooker to heat a room.
- In case you suspect danger or smell gas, be sure you familiarise yourself with the emergency procedure.
- Spread the word. Share vital gas safety information with your community – this could be more valuable than you know!
If you’d like more information about Gas Safety week, you can visit their website here. Be sure to spread the word, and keep yourself and those around you, gas safe.
Reduce heating bills
Use our savings calculator to see how much ADEY could save you. Enter a few details about your home, click a button and we’ll tell you how much our products could cut your heating bill by.Savings calculator
Get straight to the products you need in a few clicks. Simply tell us about the property type and size. We’ll give you a list of the best ADEY products for that job and where to find them.Product Finder